Pre Conference Workshops
Deadline for abstracts for pre-conference workshops: 30 June 2019
Pre-Conference Workshops (which are for paid registrants of ICUH2019 only) are full or half-day working sessions that bring together groups of ICUH2019 registrants (10-60 people) with the aim of advancing work on a specific project or providing a training experience to ICUH2019 attendees.
Limited space is available for Pre-Conference Workshops on:
- Monday 4 November 2019 for full day (8:30am-5:00pm) or half-day (8:30am-12:30pm or 1:00-5:00pm) workshops; or
- Tuesday 5 November 2019 for half-day (8:30am-12:30pm) workshops.
Although the ICUH2019 conference host will make every effort to secure complimentary meeting space for these pre-conference workshops, the organisers of the submitted workshop will ultimately be responsible for the cost of meeting space (if any), audio-visual, catering (for any breakfasts, lunches and/or coffee breaks requested as part of the session) and materials, etc. Pricing for these items will accompany the acceptance email for those selected for a pre-conference workshop.
The ISUH and ICUH2019 conference host are unable to provide any scholarship support or waived/reduced conference registration fees for any pre-conference workshop organisers, speakers or participants. The organisers or individual speakers/participants of the workshop will be required to cover the costs of all conference registration fees, travel and accommodations.
Organisers of selected Pre-Conference Workshops must ensure that all their selected speakers are registered by 19 August 2019 for their workshop to remain on the conference agenda.
Proposals must indicate all the following items to be considered:
- Workshop Title
- For each of the organisers of the workshop, please list the following:
- Organisational affiliation
- Email address
- Organisational affiliation
- Monday, November 4, 2019 (8:30am to 5:00pm) – Full-Day
- Monday, November 4, 2019 (8:30am to 12:30pm) – Half-Day
- Monday, November 4, 2019 (1:00pm to 5:00pm) – Half-Day
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 (8:30am to 12:30pm) – Half-Day
- Coffee Break
Submission Instructions (which indicates corresponding item #s from above) :
- Follow the process for submitting an abstract
- Page 1 of Abstract Submission System
- Enter Workshop Title in 1st Box (item #1)
- Download the abstract template, complete and then upload where indicated
- Enter Workshop Title (item #1)
- In the box marked “Authors,” enter all the workshop presenters, including their organization and country (item #6)
- In the “Abstract” section, enter background, objectives and brief description for workshop including the role of each of the presenters (items #3, 4 & 5)
- Enter the Institution and Country of the primary organizer and proposed speakers, chairs or discussants of the workshop, in the Affiliations section of the page (item #6)
- Enter the name of the primary organizer and proposed speakers, chairs or discussants of the workshop, in the Authors section of the page (items #2 & 6)
- Enter the email address of the primary organizer of the workshop (item #2)
- Choose theme which best describes workshop submission (item #4)
- Identify up to four (4) keywords for the workshop submission
- Check “Workshop” in the Presentation section
- Disregard the audiovisual section (which is covered elsewhere for panels)
- Check confirmation box of attendance
- Select “Finished”
Deadline for Submission of Pre-Conference Workshop: 30 June 2019
Pre-Conference Workshops will be selected by a committee made up of the ISUH Secretariat and the ICUH2019 conference host organisations.
IMPORTANT: By submitting for a Pre-Conference Workshop, the submitting organiser acknowledges their understanding and agreement to all the information provided on this page, and to providing all the requested items in their submission.