ISUH Community Based Solutions (CBS) Working Group Meeting [PCW-13]
Leader: Shamim Talukder, ISUH - Community Based Solutions Working Group
26 November 2018 | 1:30pm to 5:30pm
This workshop is free of charge and open to all registered delegates.
To register for this workshop email: Richard Hart.
To create a learning platform for a global network for community-based solutions for furthering an urban health agenda through mutual learning.
Pre-Conference Workshop Objectives:
- Develop an overall understanding of the purpose of ISUH’s Community Based Solutions Working Group (CBSWG) and past efforts
- Develop an overall understanding on the purpose of CBSWG and past efforts
- Develop a collective understanding on issues and obtain ideas on:
- Global evidences on best practice
- Program priorities, methodological issues and available tools for community-based action
- Resource landscaping for implementation, research, advocacy
- Policy related issues
- Share proposed annual working plan
- Recruit new members for the working group
Break Out Group – 4 Groups:
A) What are the priority areas for knowledge and tools needed to advance community-based solutions to urban health problems
B) How can we best create a data base of: training institutions, academic organizations and think tanks and other organizations who are active in producing evidence for and can support capacity building of stakeholders
C) How to influence policy makers and what do we want them to do to support effective community engagement
D) How do we map successful examples of community-based solutions for urban health for global learning?