Become a member of the International Society for Urban Health:
What makes ISUH important:
ISUH is the only global professional organization in the world that focuses exclusively on the broad determinants of urban health. ISUH understands that the health challenges and opportunities in urban environments are complex. They require interdisciplinary collaboration among researchers, educators, policy makers, practitioners, community leaders, and urban health advocates in sectors such as urban planning, architecture, transportation, housing, and environmental health and others.
For further information about the International Society for Urban Health visit: www.isuh.org.
What ISUH Aims to Accomplish:
Create a worldwide cadre of multi-sectoral, multi-disciplinary urban health leaders who are educated and trained in evidence-based and locally relevant solutions
Advance the evidence base regarding the determinants, programs and policies critical for achieving healthy and sustainable urban environments
Improve cross-sector collaboration to solve urban health challenges
Advocate for implementation of evidence-based policies, programs and governance that develop healthy and sustainable urban environments and eliminate health inequities
ISUH’s Approach to Improving Urban Health:
As global trends like population ageing and urbanization underscore the importance of urban health, the role of ISUH will only become more significant as the pre-eminent global organization exclusively focused on urban health and health inequities.
Innovator: Translate the science behind urban health promotion into practice, policy, and advocacy to improve urban health
Incubator: Promote urban centers as platforms to test and scale evidence-based interventions that improve urban health and reduce health inequities
Convener: Deepen cross-sector collaboration at multilateral, national and city levels to promote research, policies, and programs addressing the broad determinants of health and health inequities
Become a Member of ISUH
Your membership can help us develop and sustain ISUH as an independent voice of our global, transdisciplinary members and strategic partners for health equity in urban settings. In addition, as a member of the ISUH you will receive the following benefits:
- Free online access to the Journal of Urban Health, Journal of Community Health, and Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health.
- Members interested in additionally receiving the print edition of the Journal of Urban Health, may request a print subscription upon receiving their membership confirmation.
- Discounted registration to the annual International Conference on Urban Health.
- Opportunities for members from LMICs to receive travel grants for the annual International Conference on Urban Health
- Free attendance to all ISUH Special Side Events and Panels
- Access to participation in any of our ISUH Working Groups
- Listing in the ISUH Membership Directory
- Free Quarterly ISUH e-Newsletter
- Potential for you or your work to be featured in the ISUH e-Newsletter or on the ISUH website
- Access to view postings of job opportunities, global conferences and meetings and more
- Most importantly, access to the ISUH member portal where members may connect and collaborate on ISUH Connect. This online community is designed to serve the membership before and after the annual events, extending the energy and connections made in-person.