17th International Conference on Urban Health
Transforming our Collective Urban Future: Learning from COVID-19
Online: Live and On-demand | July 6-8, 2021
The International Society for Health (ISUH) is delighted to invite you to join our 17th International Conference on Urban Health: 2021 hosted virtually from across Latin America and the Caribbean by the SALURBAL project and its partners across the region.
Join our international network of interdisciplinary urban health researchers, policymakers, business leaders, practitioners and grassroots community advocates to exchange ideas, advance research and drive action across sectors, transforming urban environments to promote health and environmental sustainability as we rethink urban health in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Present your research in an interactive conference experience direct from your desktop or mobile device: live-stream your presentation and take part in discussion through live Q&A and poster sessions.
Abstracts are invited by March 26, 2021 for contributions for workshops, panels, talks and posters on the following core themes:
1. Urban health inequities
2. Transforming built environments
3. Governance and public health systems
4. Urban health over the lifecourse
5. Climate and urban health
6. Urban health in Latin America and the Caribbean
Present to a wider, more-inclusive audience: our lower fees, online delivery and post-event on-demand access will make the event more accessible to all.
Participate live from your desktop or mobile device to:
Deepen your knowledge: Live-stream a personalised schedule from the entire programme to match your research interests.
Engage with our inspirational speakers and other attendees during the live-streamed sessions: Ask questions and participate in live chat and polls.
Review the latest research in the ePoster hall and discuss directly with the author in the live poster sessions.
Network with your peers, meet new contacts and renew relationships: Connect with other attendees during the live event to chat and arrange one-to-one meetings.
Visit the live exhibition booths to meet industry partners, chat with exhibitors and learn more about their products.
Enjoy more flexibility with on-demand access to recorded sessions for 30 days after the event*.
Watch one stream live and catch-up on what you missed after the event.
* On-demand access includes recordings of talks and slides, poster pitches and posters from authors that have agreed for post event distribution: the organisers cannot guarantee on-demand access to all presentations.
Want to know more? Visit our FAQs.
2-minute read: Make the most of your experience at ICUH2021: Online
Reasons to attend ICUH 2021:
- Identify challenges and strategies to informing implementation of the SDGs and The New Urban Agenda
- Meet experts from across sectors and disciplines to address the broader determinants of health
- Expand your research and practice networks with colleagues from the global North and South
- Share urban health challenges and solutions with policymakers and practitioners from high, middle and low income settings
- Contribute to the evidence base for urban health policies and practice